For these services we charge a fee when they are not done during an office visit with the doctor. During the visit there is no extra charge for any of these services.
We strive to keep these fees very reasonable, while respecting the amount of the doctor's time required for the service. We charge by the minute, instead of in the 20, 40, and 60 minute time blocks of office visits.
Below is a list of the services available for established patients, was well as how they are charged.
Available for urgent situations of existing patients when Dr. Ginsburg is not in the office. (Email is the preferred mode for non urgent situations.)
Brief consultations are not charged, such as a simple question or an uncomplicated exchange.
Telephone consultation are charged per minute, at except charged to the minute of doctor time used, including time to update you records and research the doctor may need to do, such as looking up interactions of medicines you would be taking. ,
- Questions/consultations with the doctor
A back and forth by email covering single or multiple non-urgent topics. (Urgent issues are handled by phone or in the office. Call us.)
- Communication by e-mail is reserved for non-urgent matters.
- It may take up to 72 hours for a reply, but it is often within 24 hours.
- There is no charge for brief e-mails requiring only a quick response.
- Longer emails or emails requiring a longer or more detailed response, as well as frequent emails, will be charged at our hourly rate of $300. These will be pro-rated based on the amount of the doctor's time needed to read your email and respond, as well as to complete any work requested in the e-mail.
- Forms Completion:
Examples of such forms:
Sports forms, school forms, travel forms, summer camp forms, work-related forms, and other third party forms.
Charged per minute, based on the actual time the doctor needs to spend to correctly complete the task, such as on reviewing your records, research, contacting other doctors or parties, and writing,
- Letters to third parties such as school, work, insurance, airlines, etc.
for proceedures or medications, as required by insurance companies.
- Prescription refills
If the doctor does elect to refill a prescription without an office visit, the cost is determined by the actual time the doctor needs to spend, charged per minute, to correctly complete the task, such as on research, contacting other doctors or parties, and writing.
- Changes you request to a lab slip or a prescription:
- Copying your records:
Digital records are
$1 per page, with a minimum of $10 to a maximum of $50.
Paper copies are
$1 per page, with a minimum of $10 to a
maximum of $100.
Remember that for no charge you can export your entire patient chart, through Elation Passport (our
patient portal) This includes your labs, studies, immunization history, and correspondence with Dr. Ginsburg as well as with other physicians or health care practitioners.
- Other Services
We are regularly discovering ways to enhance what we can do for patients.
Costs can change and the website may not have the most current information.
Call us at 609-474-HEAL